Email Jim.Spotts@litchfieldbaseball.org if you can help. Thanks!
Good day Litchfield Baseball,
Opening Day is coming up quickly and the weather is not cooperating. Because of the predicted rain for Friday and early Saturday morning, we’re going to modify the scheduled Corning Field Clean-Up. Instead of meeting at Corning Field at 8am, we’ll meet at Jeff Lane at 10am and work on the following:
• Marking off an area for a batting cage;
• Marking off an area for the playground across the street;
• Marking off an area for the small shed; and
• Clearing dugouts.
If you have them please bring: shovels, hoes, pick axes and wheel barrows.
After breaking for lunch we’ll meet at Corning Field at 1pm to work on the following projects:
• Cleaning out the concession stand
• Cleaning out the sheds
• Fix the gate on the larger field
• Clearing out the infield (clear weeds, dig out base plugs, etc.)
• Cutting the base paths
• Clearing brush along the paths and behind Homeplate on the larger field
If you have them please bring: hedge shears, shovels, garden shovels, trimmers (with edging attachment), and wheel barrows.
If you can volunteer the whole day, part of the day, or just an hour or two we can use your help. If you can’t make it this Saturday, we still have plenty of projects. Send me an email (Jim.Spotts@litchfieldbaseball.org) and we’ll find something for you.